Systems are about simplicity:
- Gall’s Law: A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from a simple system that worked. ****
- Hock Principle: Complex rules and regulations give rise to simple and stupid behavior.
- Systems are about balance:
- A system is only as strong as its weakest point, so find bottlenecks. BUT, if you break down the entire system and optimize each component individually, you’ll lower the effectiveness of the system. Optimize the entire system instead.
- When things interact, they often birth new, unpredictable forms.